Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Quarantine Chronicles: The Great Decluttering

Before this whole thing went down we had planned a trip with my Dad to Disneyland. Tom got time off work and then everything shut down, so we had even more time to just sit at home together. At the beginning of that we also decided to cleanse ourselves of computer. In our boredom we started creating a list of tasks we could do and ended up with the goal of finishing up the entire apartment.
Everyone has that place in their house that things go when you don't know what to do with them. Crafters are probably even worse. We had those places and worked on each place one by one. The first to get hit was the big closet off of the craft room where we kept our clothes and stored some craft items. The goal was to eventually get all the craft stuff out of there, so by redoing that space we really had to redo a lot of the craft room itself.
Since I was going through all of the fabrics I had in the closet hoping to get them into my shelves where the rest of my fabric was, I had to go through my shelves to get everything I didn't want out of there. At the start I didn't think I would be able to get everything I wanted into the shelves, but somehow I made it happen! It was so nice to just have it all there.
Tom tackled a few boxes let over from our move, hiding in the corner and  he cleaned up the whole desk. After that we were on the downhill. I was able to quickly reorganize the shelves in our laundry room to make space for Tom car washing stuff.
 Then I hit a few other places and we moved things all around. I thought the best way to do this was to pull everything out of the places we didn't want it to stay and put it in the middle of the living room.
From there we decided what of it we didn't want. We have a few toys we have collected for the eventual baby and in the meantime for when my niece, Sephie, came over. We went through those and got rid of some and noted down what would be good additions

We also got this beautiful shoe rack that gave up such a nice space difference between the nursery and entryway.
It was so amazing to get everything cleaned up, or gotten rid of. The apartment has been so easy to keep clean since then, now that everything has it's place to go. And with the baby coming, it's nice that everything is in place.
 Hope you all are finding ways to use the extra time inside to maybe enjoy your lives more when this is all over. Every situation has the good and the bad, right? Stay healthy and sane out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment